Updated: Aug 20, 2021
The outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) can be stressful causing us fear and anxiety and filling us with overwhelming and strong emotions. Below i have included some self-care tips that i follow and have been really beneficial for both my mental and physical well-being.
1. Morning ritual - starting my day with a meditation and a yoga practice really sets a calming and positive tone for the day ahead.
2. Eating a healthy nourishing breakfast - my favourites include poached eggs, Rocket and Avocado on toast. Toasted Bagel with Banana and a cup of tea. This really gets me fuelled for the day ahead.
3. Regular breaks - as i am working from home at the moment i need to ensure i take breaks to move and stretch. This is vital so that we are not sitting down for too long. Get up take a forward fold hold either elbow and let gravity do it's thing! bend those knees keep them soft and really let yourself relax gently swaying from side to side. ahhhh bliss!
4. Exercising outside - I am really enjoying more then ever getting outside for a walk or a Run in nature. I am lucky to live nearby to a river and the countryside. I come back feeling energised and refreshed ready to tackle the rest of my day.
5. Listening or Playing music - Music changes our mood so choose a playlist that uplifts you in the morning and relaxes you in the evening. Spotify is great to explore and discover all types of genres and create your own playlists.
If you have a musical instrument get playing! I find playing my favourite pieces of music really therapeutic it's an outlet for how i'm feeling as i connect to the music through my emotion. If you are a Flautist and need some inspiration or guidance contact me for a Private one to one Flute lesson on Zoom.
6. Yoga - there's a style of yoga for everyone from energising Vinyasa Flows to Relaxing Restorative Yoga. Yoga helps increase flexibility, muscle strength and tone, improve respiration, energy and vitality, maintain a balanced metabolism, weight reduction and improve cardio and circulatory health. The benefits are endless! Yoga is for everyone so don't be shy contact me today to get started for your Private one to one Yoga session on Zoom.
7. Taking a Bath - If you are lucky enough to have a bath then take those baths! Is there anything more relaxing that a nice warm bath to end your day. Take your bath to the next level by adding some essential oils (try lavender, for ultimate bliss). If you’re feeling sore, sick, or totally depleted, try an Epsom Salt bath to relax those aching muscles. And you will have a wonderful nights sleep, it works for me every time!
8.Essential oil diffusers - · These powerful oils can help centre, soothe, and rejuvenate you. There are tons of options when it comes to diffusers, and many come with a starter kit of oils.
9. Do Nothing - Just sit or lay down. Having stillness allows you to actually hear yourself, when we can tune into our mind and body to know what it truly is needing.